A week after the launch of Solidarity‘s campaign against the plan of the new national park in east Jerusalem, we made an achievement in the struggle. Hundreds of people sent faxes and e-mails to the Nature and Parks Authority, and results soon followed:
The Jerusalem municipality has announced the allocation of additional lands for the development of Issawiya and A-Tour, at the expense of the intended national park.
In the upcoming months the struggle to determine the size of land allocated to the neighborhoods will continue, and will determine the fate of thousands of families living in the area.
Continuing the struggle at this time is crucial.
So what can you do?
1. Come to the weekly protest vigil in Issawiya, this coming Friday, March 23, at 11:45 AM. We will meet at the Eastern lookout of Mount Scopus, at 11:45 AM.
For details, call
For the facebook event, click here.
2. Check out the site that we launched, including short videos and information about the political manipulation of the “Slopes of Mount Scopus National Park.”
3. Send faxes and emails to the Israel Nature and Parks Authority- simply by clicking a button on the website (at the bottom of the page).
4. Spread the site to your friends and networks, and encourage them to contact the Israel Nature and Parks Authority.
5. Help make the short videos into a viral campaign: share them on facebook and send them to your friends. Here you can find the links to all of the videos.